Long before the first Spanish settlers arrived, there was an Indian village in what we call Palm Valley today.
In 1908, a canal was dug through Diego Plains connecting the San Pablo River to the north with the Tolomato River near St. Augustine to the south. This intracoastal canal made access to the valley much easier for the residents that had settled in this area. In addition to raising cattle, they farmed, logged, and sold palm fronds to religious groups. The many palm trees growing in the region led some of the settlers to decide on the name Palm Valley for their community.
Palm Valley remained a quiet area of the Beaches, between A1A and U.S. 1. There were many farms where produce and livestock were raised. The development of the Beaches has also affected Palm Valley. Today most farms in the valley have disappeared, opening the land for luxurious residences overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. Nocatee and Ponte Vedra are both within minutes of Palm Valley.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Florida Homes Realty and Mortgage are marked with the listing broker's name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
©2017 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on September 24th, 2017 at 6:31am EDT.